SEP
2001

KMail 1,000,000,000th Second Bug Looms

If you did not heed our warning from six months ago and are still using KMail < 1.0.29.1 (from KDE 1.x), you are advised to please upgrade to KDE 2.2 (or KDE 2.1.x) immediately. In about a week the bizarre KMail 1,000,000,000th second bug will strike, which can cause corruption of your mail folders. Details about the bug are available here.

The KMail developers recommend that users update to KDE 2.2, which includes a newer KMail with many other bugs fixed and many new features. According to KMail developer Daniel Naber,

The new version of KMail will use old mail files without problems.
However, once the new version is installed one should not switch back to
the old version because of changes in the index files and configuration
file. Just to be sure, we recommend that users make a backup of their mail
folder (~/Mail) and compress all folders before switching to the new
version.

Comments

I can not send or reply to my E-mail! What is wrong, or what am I doing wrong.

Roz

By Rosalind Kennedy at Mon, 2007/06/11 - 5:00am

I can not send or reply to my E-mail! What is wrong, or what am I doing wrong.

Roz

By Rosalind Kennedy at Mon, 2007/06/11 - 5:00am

icannot send emails. comes up as an error.

By carol e smith at Thu, 2007/07/12 - 5:00am

I am having the same problem. What did you do?

Thanks

By EJ at Tue, 2008/02/12 - 6:00am

i had a hard time receiving email too, by following their instructions.
But it turns out that told us to check required SSL in the advanced tab for port 995 to receive, 465 to send.

all have to be done is use their outgoing mail server: smtp.att.yahoo.com correspond to your account with them. and use port 465 without the check for outgoing port. and it works fine for me.

By Ricketman at Mon, 2008/03/10 - 5:00am

I have the current version of Eudora Pro, have been unable to restore my paid mode status (once advised that Eudora no longer provides TS nor accepts paid users), have Windows XPSP2, have used Eudora Pro for 12 years and will fight before I use crap webmail or crap Outlook, and I have AT&T-Yahoo DSL service with webhosting and forwarding by Yahoo (probably with premium service). I recently encountered increasingly more frequent but intermittant error messages with outgoing E-mails that inevitably require 2-4 tries to successfully leave my computer; your error messages give no reason. I have received differing advice from AT&T TS staff who have had me change my incoming and outgoing server info in Eudora from SBCGlobal to ATT but otherwise have made no substantial change. I've been advised that there are new servers and changes but that "AT&T does not support Eudora" as if Eudora were the problem. My suspicion is that AT&T unlawfully obstructs my Eudora E-mailing and if the problem isn't somehow fixed I want to confront AT&T in Court and/or before the PUC.

By Robert Burns at Thu, 2008/03/27 - 5:00am

I have been working for two weeks trying to get my E-Mail to work, I have changed the numbers that you sent me, I can receive but it will not send I get a 500 error I am useing Incredemail can you help me I really need it. Thanks

By Hubert Young at Sun, 2008/09/28 - 5:00am

I need help sending out my e-mail.

By james bilderback at Mon, 2008/10/13 - 5:00am

I had this problem after updating for SSL security with AT&T Yahoo. After a lot of poking around, I finally figured out that the "automatic" updater from AT&T had created a new account which contained all the new information - the pop.att.yahoo.com info. The old account, which had the sbcglobal.yahoo. information still remained. For some reason, all the outgoing mail was being sent under this account. Finally, I tried deleting the old account and now I can send email again.

What I did was go into TOOLS from the Outlook Express menu. Go down to ACCOUNTS. It is there that I saw "Fiona" (the new account AT&T setup using their automatic Outlook updater) and one that said pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com. This second one is what I deleted. (I figured this out by watching VERY closely the messges that flashed by after I hit the "send/receive" button)

As soon as I did this, I was able to send messages again. I hope this works for you.

By Fiona at Sat, 2009/01/03 - 6:00am

How do I remedy this problem? I can't send out email from Outlook Express since I changed over to sbc hookup. The Outlook is incredibly faster than the sbc yahoo mail. I have dial up.

By Sue at Wed, 2005/08/17 - 5:00am

Toggle the "My server requires authentification" when setting up your account (in the server tab). The same happened to me following installation of PALM OS, do not ask me why...

By jc at Wed, 2005/10/19 - 5:00am

Thanks for your advice. I have spent hours trying to figure this out and your simple solution worked!

By Ed Hanson at Mon, 2006/02/27 - 6:00am

I am using Olypia Comedia Master program and although I have signed up to process e-mail, all I get is the message that indicates that pop 530authentication is required. What is this and how do I get past this halting problem. I need to send out pictures and are unable to get past this.
Help please.

By James H. McLaughlin at Fri, 2006/06/30 - 5:00am

Yep - that was the right answer for me too. Thanks a bunch - simple.

By ak at Wed, 2006/08/02 - 5:00am

i am trying to get incredimail and they say go to this site help

By Kathi Bevan at Sat, 2006/07/15 - 5:00am

You need to make sure it sends with secure authentication in outlook or outlook express. Don't log in with secure authentication but send. It does work give it a try.

By Andrew Kopp at Wed, 2006/08/02 - 5:00am

Sorry, i was looking for how to fix the problem, figured it out myself. I dont know if somebody already answered the question lol skipped to the bottom, but anyways, on outlook express, go to tools > accounts > properties of the yahoo account needing fixing > servers tab > and all you have to do is check the box that says "my server requires authentication". Then just send all messages normally, all works. =D nice to help for once lmfao

By Zed at Sun, 2006/11/19 - 6:00am

add me please

By oly+nana at Thu, 2007/03/29 - 5:00am

add me please

By oly+nana at Thu, 2007/03/29 - 5:00am

When I got tarifa plana 24hr it said I would get pop, incredimail, ect,ect. I cant seem to use either, what am I doing wrong.

By Angela Lant at Sat, 2003/03/08 - 6:00am

Please authenticate for my Incredimail Xe service. Thank you.

By Jennifer Nelsen at Wed, 2006/08/02 - 5:00am

I have the same setup on my outlook on my desktop as my laptop. The desktop responds but my laptop does not.

What do you recommend?

By Ken Taylor at Fri, 2007/04/20 - 5:00am

What do you recommend?

By Ken Taylor at Fri, 2007/04/20 - 5:00am

I can't figure out how to get POP authenticated by Yahoo either.

By Mona Montgomery at Mon, 2001/11/12 - 6:00am

hi dear .
please notify me what i should do to be yahoo auth.to be able to use stmp servers.
thanx

By jad at Mon, 2001/11/19 - 6:00am

hi dear .
thanx

By mahdieh at Fri, 2002/04/19 - 5:00am

hi dear .
thanx

By mahdieh at Fri, 2002/04/19 - 5:00am

no way

By my at Wed, 2005/10/19 - 5:00am

i want to use incredimail for my emails but cannot due to no pop authentication. please help.

By kaz at Sun, 2003/11/23 - 6:00am

How do you obtain authentication for pop ? K

By Ken Harris at Thu, 2002/03/21 - 6:00am

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'dmalette2002@yahoo.com'. Subject 'Rendezvous', Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 authentication required - for help go to http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/pop-11.html', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

By Dorothy Malette at Sun, 2002/04/07 - 6:00am

I am unable to sent my mails because of the error no. 530 authentication is required. Please help or provide authentication.

regards

By rksoni at Sat, 2002/05/18 - 5:00am

there is an error 530 authentication recquired when sending mail

By ramil vital at Thu, 2002/11/14 - 6:00am

I, have the same problem.

By Kenneth Rose at Mon, 2004/03/15 - 6:00am

Far as I know,since about 2000,Yahoo stopped sending forwarded mail to third party mail habndlers,i.e. Eudora,Opera,etc. no POP3 as far as since then,,now if anyone knows a workaround,please let me know,it wouod be great to have that information for others too... BBBYE< be well RICK

By Rick at Fri, 2006/07/14 - 5:00am

I have Installed windows EP and I can not send any email.It says error server 530 error #ox800ccc78.dont know what to do next.please help

By mark at Sun, 2007/11/25 - 6:00am

i don't know wat to do

By Alfonso D'Agata at Sun, 2002/12/15 - 6:00am

can't seem to send emails from incredimail and am not sure why.

By Dial Nielson at Sun, 2004/01/11 - 6:00am

I HAVE SIGNED ON WITH INCREDIMAIL, BUT IT KEEPS SAYING WHEN I SIGN IN NAME OR PASS WORD FAILED, WHAT SHOULD I DO. OR DOING WRONG.

By LINDA at Thu, 2003/03/20 - 6:00am

I have been trying to receive e-mails an as well as send. Nothing comeup on my side or the party I sent them to. I too am haveing problems with little notes appearing on screen. Before I decide to just give up maybe you can tell me why it is not accepting my server or password. Yahoo said that the attempt to sending something to incredimail faild permanently. Why??????

By Lena at Fri, 2007/02/16 - 6:00am

please help

By kewal at Sun, 2003/07/06 - 5:00am

I don't know what I'm supposed to do or what this means.

Pamela.

By Pamela Cipriano at Fri, 2003/07/11 - 5:00am

I have had incredimail with high speed cable and all worked fine. Now I have gone with DSL and nothing works. Mail will not go or recive. have done about every thing that is passable as far as web pages explantions.Come to think of it how will you respond???

By Jim at Wed, 2003/07/16 - 5:00am

I've got the same problem. How did you correct the 530 authentication requirement?

By H.K. at Fri, 2003/08/15 - 5:00am

Please help me with pop auth

By Jan Ryan at Wed, 2004/02/25 - 6:00am

finally I resolved this problem, if anybody need helps... I get out in this way ..

configure mail ----- net -----
smtp
Name : John DOe
host: smtp.blah blah..( your provider smtp for exaple yahoo italy smtp.mail.yahoo.it)
autentication required chenk yes( ..and then if your mail is
Johndoe@yahoo.it)
Password ( your mail password)
no cript message
authentication plain

pop
Name John Doe
Password ( mail password)
host pop.mail.yahoo.it
extras
criptography check no
authentication text in plain

in this way i can receive and send mail ..sorry for my english, i hope i've beeen helpful
Emanuela

By Emanuela at Tue, 2004/04/06 - 5:00am

I am not able to send emails.

By Alice Maciver at Sun, 2004/05/09 - 5:00am

hi ...folks...
i was havin´the same problem....
so the only thing you have to do for sending and receiving emails...
in your account click .. authentication for the server....
right !

By Lilly at Thu, 2005/08/18 - 5:00am

Could you explain to me what to do for the 530 authentication to be able to send out e-mail
Thanks
Beth

By Beth Snyder at Wed, 2005/08/24 - 5:00am

Go into incrediMail and under tools go to accounts. Highlight your connection and go to properties, Then go to Servers and under that put a check in my server requires authentication this wil clear up the 530 authentication error message. ken

By kenole at Mon, 2005/11/14 - 6:00am