JAN
2002

People of KDE: Dimitris Kamenopoulos

In this week's episode of The People Behind KDE, you can learn all about
Dimitris Kamenopoulos.
Dimitris provides internationalisation (i18n) and localisation (l10n) of KDE into Greek. Rush to the interview, if you want to find out how to spend time on KDE without having your girlfriend complain.

Comments

Especially the last answer gave me a good laugh. :)

By Rob Kaper at Wed, 2002/01/23 - 6:00am

Never heard it expressed like that before... with three names. :)

By Johnny Andersson at Wed, 2002/01/23 - 6:00am

> I'm working on a simple Annotea plugin for Konqueror. Hope I'll have finished with it till Christmas

Which christmas? I hope the interview was conducted in December 2001 :-)...

By Someone at Wed, 2002/01/23 - 6:00am

Kalêmera, it would be great if it were possible to type polytonic greek (with unicode font such as TT MS Palatino or TT Titus Cyberbit Basic) properly. As StarOffice 6.0 beta is able to handle Unicode, it would be easy then for Linux users too to write classical greek. At least I could not figure out a way to do so in KDE 2.2, but maybe with KDE 3.0 it will be possible!
BTW, good quote of Lord of the Rings, I like it too.
Bye
Dirk

By Dirk Heimann at Fri, 2002/01/25 - 6:00am

As of KDE 2.0, keyboard is always an X11 issue. So, what you
need is a polytonic-enabled keyboard layout for xkb (and a utf-8 locale
in your system). There has been a beta version around for a couple of months
in i18ngr@hellug.gr (it's a list), but it's author wants to patch a few things before sending it to XFree86. If I were you, I would wait for X to officially
adopt this keyboard, since patching a new layout (esp. a non-latin one) into an installed version of X can be a nightmare.

By Dimitris Kameno... at Fri, 2002/01/25 - 6:00am

Thanks, that saves some hours of figuring out things without success. Bye

By Dirk Heimann at Fri, 2002/01/25 - 6:00am