MAR
2003

KDE 3.1.1: It's Not Odd at All!

The KDE Project has released KDE 3.1.1, the first maintenance release of the KDE 3.1 release series. It features more and much improved translations and many problem corrections. Read the Changelog
or jump directly to the download links. Those of you who wish to compile from source can use Konstruct for near automatic compilation.

Comments

Now it's been a long time since I've done Qt programming (1.1?) but I was just thinking. A Crtl-T (or whatever combo) creates the tab instantly. Why would it be so difficult to make the tab and then assign it afterwards? ISn't this just an ordering problem?

By Kev at Sun, 2003/03/23 - 6:00am

There is another bug in Konqueror easy to reproduce.

- Say you open a page which you can't access for some time. After 10 seconds idle you decide to go to another page and you then start replying to some curious message written by someone.
- Then after some minutes the timeout comes up and kills what you have written, you can't go back or forward anymore and all the stuff you wrote is removed.

Anyone made similar experiences and could describe it more clearly than I was able to ?

By Report at Sat, 2003/03/22 - 6:00am

Just want to say thank you to all the KDE developers. I'm running 3.1 under Slackwere and its great! Keep up the good work.

Lee

By Incubi at Sun, 2003/03/23 - 6:00am

Check out bug 52205 ( http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=52205 ) for some political controversy. I particularly like the fabulously self-contradictory Comment #6.

By rogue at Mon, 2003/03/24 - 6:00am

Are there any plans to make Kprint work with LPR?

And, what happened to KLPQ?

KJobViewer doesn't work with LPR. Nothing happens!

JRT

By James Richard Tyrer at Mon, 2003/03/24 - 6:00am

Hi there, I have a problem!
Since i've installed KDE 3.1.1 on my SuSE 8.1 system, my K3b doesn't work any more. I've downloaded the latest release (0.8.1 release for KDE 3.1) from K3b.org, but when i want to start K3b, it just gives me:

k3b: relocation error: /opt/kde3/lib/libartskde.so.1: undefined symbol: _ZN4Arts20VideoPlayObject_base4_IIDE

As far as i know, libartskde.so.1 is part of kdelibs. I've checked my version of kdelibs, and it's the newest release.
I've tried to compile K3b by myself, but it just gives me compilation errors, so I don't know what to do...
Who can help?

By AbHotten at Wed, 2003/03/26 - 6:00am

try to make a link to the libartskde.so in /opt/kde2/lib like
" ln -sf /opt/kde2/lib/libartskde.so /opt/kde3/lib/libartskde.so "
for me it works fine
sorry for my english!

By Dakar at Wed, 2003/03/26 - 6:00am

Hi,
For some reason they missed arts-1.1.1, what we have in our system is arts-1.0.3. Hence, the problem. Attach is a gzipped tar file. Please cd to /opt/kde3/lib and as root expand this file there. It replaces the older libraries with the new ones present in this tgz. Also restart the sound server once after that. After doing this I could run kaboodle, noatun etc and could listen to mp3s too.. I am not sure whether everything works.

By Pramod Immaneni at Fri, 2003/03/28 - 6:00am

One thing I missed, after extracting make sure you change permissions to root.root, it might be easier to just change on all files in /opt/kde3/lib.

By Pramod Immaneni at Fri, 2003/03/28 - 6:00am

i don't understand, why there's this "unlucky" formulation in the "KDE 3.1.0 to 3.1.1 Changelog" (http://kde.org/announcements/changelogs/changelog3_1to3_1_1.php) in the kdeedu section: "KStars: Fixed bug #52205: Country of Lhasa is China, not Tibet."
to avoid political/national feelings it should be formulated as follows: "Country of Lhasa changed to China, province set as Tibet"...
(btw: yes, i have read the comments to the bug #52205)

on the other hand, i'm still using kstars 0.9.1 (which comes with kdeedu of KDE 3.1.0) with KDE 3.1.1 and there's already "Lhasa, Tibet, China" so i don't get the point of the changelog here for KDE 3.1.1
i didn't upgraded kdeedu yet. does this mean kstars got the list of "City, Province, Country" from main KDE database (which i have already upgraded) or should i expect just "Lhasa, China" in the new kstars for KDE 3.1.1?

luci