FEB
2007

The Faces of KDE 4

The Faces of KDE takes a look at some of the developers working on KDE 4. "In this stage of development it’s a lot of pain for very little glory, re-designing the next generation KDE from the ground up. It’s a task that separates the core developers from the hangers on, and the architects of the new desktop are a pretty dedicated group. There are far too many developers currently active in KDE for me to introduce them all, but here’s a quick glance at what a small handful of them are working on for the next major version of KDE."

Comments

I use KDE everyday and make everyone I can also use it (hey no complaints yet!). I want to say I am TRULY GRATEFUL to all the developers who have worked on KDE and are working on KDE 4. I can't wait. I know I will be more productive as a result! I appreciate it!

By Kevin Colyer at Tue, 2007/02/27 - 6:00am

Hm, what a nice article. These people are doing great work and they deserve to be famous ^_^ I think there should be a page on the KDE site for this. It's a nice personal touch. Kudos to all of them!

By Erik at Tue, 2007/02/27 - 6:00am

I like the Idea of presenting the guys who work so hard to make something special for all of us.

I'm Missing some peoples
Matthias Ettrich, Daniel Molkentin, the Guys from KDE Pim...

But Ok, there are just too many people to thank too.

I like the Idea of a KDE Supage like a Hall of Fame =)

By Bernhard Rode at Tue, 2007/02/27 - 6:00am

Thanks to those faces - of course. I think it is important to give a big thanks the other 2374628734 KDE contributors as well :)

By Anonymous at Tue, 2007/02/27 - 6:00am

Kevin is cute. What's his phone number?

By Sebastian Kügler at Tue, 2007/02/27 - 6:00am

Hey sweetie!
Note that apparently I'm less cute with the beard. ;-)

By ervin at Tue, 2007/02/27 - 6:00am

Sorry, Sebas. His girlfriend won't be pleased if you start calling him in the middle of the night.

By Thiago Macieira at Tue, 2007/02/27 - 6:00am

It's Free Software, Sebas is allowed to fork him if he wants.

By Adriaan de Groot at Tue, 2007/02/27 - 6:00am

How dare you mention a contributor's appearance instead of their contributions!

By AC at Tue, 2007/02/27 - 6:00am

Sorry to be picky but there's a typo in the article:

guidelines with fellow usability and design export Ellen

should be:

guidelines with fellow usability and design expert Ellen

By Carl at Tue, 2007/02/27 - 6:00am

Thanks Carl, fixed now :)

By canllaith at Tue, 2007/02/27 - 6:00am

The KDE4 Commit Champion is missing ...
Laurent Montel is working for Mandriva on KDE4 ( porting ) and Nepomuk project with Stéphane Laurière and Sebastian Trueg.
For thoses willing to see the face of Laurent : http://picasaweb.google.com/dark.schneider971/SolutionsLinux2007/photo#5...

By FACORAT Fabrice at Tue, 2007/02/27 - 6:00am

Wow, I am really glad to see Laurent after hearing about him so much. He's pretty damn cute!

By KDE User at Wed, 2007/02/28 - 6:00am

Hey, I didn't see Jes' name anywhere. At least, let us acknowledge a writer who have written so much good stuff about KDE, and let her show her name on her own article.

By Inge Wallin at Tue, 2007/02/27 - 6:00am

Inge, you flatter me. You have persuaded me to make a series out of this, so perhaps the last one I will put myself into? :) You can write my section for me ;)

By canllaith at Tue, 2007/02/27 - 6:00am

I will! And now you have to be good to me to get a good writeup!
Mwahahaha!

By Inge Wallin at Tue, 2007/02/27 - 6:00am

I have been a dedicated KDE user for a very long time. Thank you to all the developers for their hard work.

By Umesh Sirsiwal at Tue, 2007/02/27 - 6:00am

KDE is stunning! Very robust and clean. Please keep up the great work. You all have worked so hard to get where it is at. I am a newbie and very impressed with the results. Thank You All!

By Michaela at Wed, 2007/02/28 - 6:00am

Hey, this was about the KDE developers, and more importantly, their cute pictures of course ;-)

Don't you have something to say about them?!?

:D

By superstoned at Wed, 2007/02/28 - 6:00am

I started using KDE on Mandrake 5.2(?). We had to compile all of it, and at times things were broken, but its ease of use attracted me.

Today, I am using openSuSE 10.2 and keep it up to date using smart repositories, and the jumps and hurdles that KDE has made, tells me I was on the right track when I chose it as my preferred WM.

Great work, by people I will probably never meet or talk to, all done to help us use our preferred OS'es in a more joyful and productive manner.

Kudos guys. Keep it up.

By David Comeau at Sun, 2007/03/04 - 6:00am

Friends,

Great news...., I am using fedora core 6, found it really amazing, really great jobs you guys doing out there. My profound thanks and appreciation to all of you for this..

I am learning a little bit of here and there and will contribute something in the near future. All the best to all of you.

Waiting for KDE 4............Kudos pals.. keep it up.

By Mohankumar at Wed, 2007/03/07 - 6:00am