JUL
2007

People Behind KDE: Jos Poortvliet

For the next interview in the People Behind KDE series, we travel to the Netherlands to meet a KDE promoter and meeting organiser, someone who helps the international community to experience KDE events, even if they were not in attendance - tonight's star of People Behind KDE is Jos Poortvliet.

Comments

Apart from conducting this interview, i've met Jos in person - we spent a lot of time in Glasgow working on Akademy articles, and Jos very committed, enthusiastic and professional in his work. It was a real pleasure to meet him!

By Danny Allen at Sat, 2007/07/28 - 5:00am

I second that!

By Ariya at Sat, 2007/07/28 - 5:00am

you're one hell of a writer yourself, Danny ;-)

I said to him (and others must have said that before as well, I'm sure) he should fill in the questions himself, and get it online - after all, dear Danny might very well be the brightest star on the promotional sky at KDE :D

So, everybody who's with me on this, help me persuade him!

By jospoortvliet-f... at Sat, 2007/07/28 - 5:00am

why not superstoned anymore? did you get sued for it like puff daddy in the UK?

By patcito at Sat, 2007/07/28 - 5:00am

na, the time has come to start looking for a job, and I'd rather have a potential googling employer not to find references to weed and such all over the web ;-)

Of course, nothing can be done about that (the web doesn't forget), but in time, the connection will loosen a little and they might consider it co-incidental or outdated...

Yes, it sucks. I've also cut my hair, I look very corporate now :(

By jospoortvliet-f... at Sat, 2007/07/28 - 5:00am

My embarrassing moment is that when I see you in real life I know you only as "superstoned." So I support 100% people having nicks related to their real name, makes life for folks like me, who can't remember names very well, twice as easy.

By Ian Monroe at Sat, 2007/07/28 - 5:00am

I know what you are talking about... Not all companies are like that - that being said, you still don't want to reduce the set of possible employers unnecessarily. Of course.

By the other guy at Sat, 2007/07/28 - 5:00am

Sure, not all companies are like that. But in the business I might end up in, they are ;-)

Remember, I'm no IT guy...

By jospoortvliet-f... at Sat, 2007/07/28 - 5:00am

Maybe you should remove the magic mushrooms background and rename wietbak also?

By Debian at Sun, 2007/07/29 - 5:00am

Background? On the picture? I was in a zoo ;-)

And yeah, wietbak might have to change as well ;-)

By Jos Poortvliet at Mon, 2007/07/30 - 5:00am

at least my experience with kde ( the information about opensuse was really invaluable), and i would like to thank you for the akademy reports, they were really very informative.

and sorry for your girlfriend, don't worry u'll get another ;-)

friendly

By djouallah mimoune at Sat, 2007/07/28 - 5:00am

Wow, that was more than I could ever hope for ;-)

By jospoortvliet-f... at Sat, 2007/07/28 - 5:00am