JUL
2006

KDE Commit-Digest for 30th July 2006

In this week's KDE Commit-Digest: Work begins on integrating C# support in KDevelop, as the second phase of the "C# parser for KDevelop" Summer Of Code project, whilst a companion effort concurrently starts to support Java. Eigen, a matrix and vector mathematics library is begun. okular is ported to QGraphicsView. Infrastructure improvements in Solid and Kalzium. "Siox" tool ported to Krita.

Comments

"Fixes playback of youtube videos embedded in other web sites." This bug is a major reason I was sticking with Firefox. Will this fix be in 3.5.4?

Also I'm *really* looking forward to okular. It's going to rock.

By DeKay at Sun, 2006/07/30 - 5:00am

"Fixes playback of youtube videos embedded in other web sites."

Yes, please, please include this in the next minor release. I only keep switching to Firefox sometimes for this single reason.

By Martin at Sun, 2006/07/30 - 5:00am

Unfortunately, no - it slipped by 3.5.4.

By Eike Hein at Sun, 2006/07/30 - 5:00am

Not to worry: where is the patch? I think some of us will simply integrate it manually into the sources we'll use to upgrade to 3.5.4. :)

By A.C. at Mon, 2006/07/31 - 5:00am

Note: Gentoo already patched their 3.5.3 package in their development tree.

By Eike Hein at Mon, 2006/07/31 - 5:00am

Hmm. I can't get konqueror to play youtube stuff on youtube's own site. Is there a trick to it? Do I need a konqi version more recent than 3.5.2?

By Lee at Tue, 2006/08/01 - 5:00am

Does it also fix the problem with embedded video in the BBC's website? That's the only significant annoyance I have with konq at the moment.

By Adrian Baugh at Tue, 2006/08/01 - 5:00am

Apparently that doesn't work because konqueror doesn't support scripted plugins, or something.

The only way I've found to play BBC videos, is using Real Player (ugh) in firefox. And then I can't find a way to maximise the window. At least it is pretty good quality and the sound is in sync though, unlike that piece of crap flash player.

By Tim at Wed, 2006/08/02 - 5:00am

How does KNetworkmanager compare to the KNeMo referenced in the digest? They look like they intersect a lot?

By me at Sun, 2006/07/30 - 5:00am

I have KNemo running as a data plotter and statistics tool regarding up-/download and information regarding the own IP. (Daily/weekly/monthly total reports of up-/download are still missing I think). You can't change your IP settings with it.

Don't know about KNetworkManager, but an ideal tool for managing networks in KDE should probably have these statistics and plotting functions included.

By Anonymous at Mon, 2006/07/31 - 5:00am

Danny, thanks for the commit-digest. Your work is greatly appreciated!!!

By MK at Mon, 2006/07/31 - 5:00am

Benjamin K. Stuhl - what was wrong about the name?

By hill at Mon, 2006/07/31 - 5:00am

it rather a surrealistic situation; I am here nowhere in SAHARA; reading commit digest hoping to hear something about kde3.5.5;

definitifely I love the internet