JAN
2004

KDE Dot News: Mailing Lists Relaunched

I'm pleased to announce that the dot-stories and dot-headlines mailing lists are finally back online. For those of you who don't know, dot-stories is the list to be on if you wish to receive the latest KDE Dot News in your inbox, and dot-headlines is the list you should subscribe to if you wish to receive the headlines only.

The mailing lists were previously hosted for almost three years by KDE.com, which has recently been having financial troubles and is now seeking sponsors. Please contact the webmaster if you can be of assistance.

We owe Andreas Pour a dept of gratitude for easing the transition from KDE.com to KDE.org by providing both the code as well as assisting the transfer of subscribers from the old lists to the new ones.

Comments

You wrote:
We own Andreas Pour ...

Hey, slavery is forbidden by international laws! ;)

By Jörgen S at Sun, 2004/01/11 - 6:00am

True, but it still exists... http://www.iabolish.com/ (flashturbation warning!)

By Jilks at Sun, 2004/01/11 - 6:00am

International Law and treaties does not really stop some countries or rulers.

By a.c. at Sun, 2004/01/11 - 6:00am

I don't know would that include the US. You know the Geneva convention, rights to a fair trail. No, no rights as long as the president says you are a military combatant (alias POW).

By Alex vaughn at Mon, 2006/07/03 - 5:00am

OWE, not own, learn how to read man.

By Mathieu Jobin at Sun, 2004/01/11 - 6:00am

Looks like it was typo and corrected. :)

By Navindra Umanee at Sun, 2004/01/11 - 6:00am

Sush! How do you think all the KDE stuff has been advancing so fast recently!?!

Don't let them know they can stop whenever they want...

;)

Evan

By Evan "JabberWok... at Sun, 2004/01/11 - 6:00am

well you are right,

By geor.ch at Tue, 2006/06/27 - 5:00am

All your Andreas Pour are belong to us.

By chris at Sun, 2004/01/11 - 6:00am

Conclusive proof that /. is bad for your health.

By Beeman at Mon, 2004/01/12 - 6:00am

Chronic polygon fondling is bad for you, /. rules forever!
----
¨Whats everyones beef? I do not want to take over the world anymore, just a small corner of the solar system......¨

By Clayton at Thu, 2008/07/17 - 5:00am

I have just purchased Knoppix 3.2 bootable OS cd to use as a 'Data recovery Tool'.
I am a Hardware Technician who usaully works with Windows NT,2000,XP.
I am a NOVICE at using Linux KDE and need advice/help with the BASIC`s of Linux KDE etc, I hope there are some very patient people out there to HELP me in my quest ie: web sites and Books.
Thankyou

By David Caradoc-H... at Tue, 2004/03/09 - 6:00am

do people respond to these type of things? I wouldn't mind helping someone out, but it looks like its just spam.

By Vlad Blanton at Sun, 2005/10/30 - 5:00am

I'm not to fermiller with Knoppix I'm using fedora core 4
using kde desktop I Did find a web site
http://www.kde-forum.org there you can find help
or I can help you configure KDE Desktop

By Wilhelm VonHoftseder at Fri, 2006/04/14 - 5:00am

i have window 98 in this computer but ik also want kde in this one nd the OTHER COMPUTER i have, so i can transfer data back and forth. i am looking to start a business with this program nd 2 computers... charlie,,, marie lutman

By charliecharlie at Tue, 2004/03/09 - 6:00am

I HAVE REDHAT/KDE (3) DISC FORM FREEGEEK IN PORTLAND,ORE I HAVE BEEN SPENDING TIME WORKING AT THERE PACE TO EARN A COMPUTER WITH UNIX PROGRAM ON IT, BUT I HAVE 2. I HAVE THESE DISC BUT I DON'T KNOS IF I CAN ADD THEM TO A WINDOW 98 PROGRAM.. CONTACT ME .... NO REGISTATION NO. ON IT.. BURNED CD.....MARIE CHRLIECHARLIE.

By charliecharlie at Tue, 2004/03/09 - 6:00am

I have a celeron box I have been trying to install SuSE on to no avail...any suggestions are aprreciated (it's an old compaq).

By Monti CIski at Fri, 2004/07/23 - 5:00am

Please ask this question on the suse-linux-e att suse daut com mailing list.

By Shriramana Sharma at Mon, 2006/01/09 - 6:00am

Hi,
A two spys called linda campbell ,kim johnson and an international student from israel ,managments major work with a homosexual
canadain policing officers including fire fighters,RCMP ,ambulance cars drivers inoreder to
attack ,torture and kill muslims new immigrants in public and canadain citizens in form of
(holocaust) using wireless weapons causes cancer ,heart attacks,brain damages ,MS,body pain
,coma ,vamting,kidiney faiture ,flu , and other body damages and msytrious illness ,we need
your help to stop these crimes against humanty hapening in canada ,alberta
,cities of lethbridge and calgary committed by the canadain policing system and the government of canada,the israelate student was ssuccesful in killing two canadain citizens in Lethbridge city ,Alberta ,canada ,linda campbel is university of lethbridge
graduant fine art department ,music major,addictive to drugs like marijwana ,born in british columbia BC canada .

By terrela smith at Mon, 2007/08/27 - 5:00am

Salve, scrivo per partecipare all'invito del congresso del KDE. Lavoro per www.enel.com e www.enel.it e dobbiamo rivoluzionare gli schemi dei siti per dare un'informazione autorevole in forma nuova e competitiva.

Spero di vincere la selezione, un saluto
Flavia