MAY
2005

Linux Magazine Covers BasKet, Apollon, Fonts and KoolDock

Linux Magazine has made available a number of KDE related articles for download. Alphabet Soup covers installing fonts in KDE. Olympian Exchange explores the file sharing application Apollon. A Virtual Basket looks at BasKet the ultimate scrap book for KDE. Finally On the Docks looks at two replacements for the panel, KoolDock and KXDocker.

Comments

Btw, when kde will replace Klipper with BasKet? ;)

regards
Francisco

By Francisco at Tue, 2005/05/10 - 5:00am

It looks a bit too over-engineered to me to be included into main KDE. But some ideas should really go into klipper. Or even better into a streamlined replacement for kicker..

By uddw at Tue, 2005/05/10 - 5:00am

If BasKet like remembered the last X amount of selections and the last Y amount of copys you made, then it would be a great replacement for Klipper (which half the time doesn't notice I copy something).

By Corbin at Tue, 2005/05/10 - 5:00am

Are you sure you have configured it to do so?
Configure Klipper->Synchronize contents of clipboard and the selection

By Morty at Tue, 2005/05/10 - 5:00am

Whoa! I didn't know about Basket before! It seems EXACTLY like the app I have been looking for! Now, if only Gentoo got ebuils for the latest version...

By Janne at Tue, 2005/05/10 - 5:00am

Notice that I'm searching BasKet packagers for Gentoo, Mandriva, Fedora...
For all distributions that are not packaged yet in the download page in fact.

By Sebien at Tue, 2005/05/10 - 5:00am

As "Alphabet Soup" article said, it would be cool if KDE could do a "Font Catalog" out of the box.
I remember my mother some years ago who printed the list of all installed fonts on her Windows box... by hand with Publisher!
She needed and installed a lot of fonts to make cards/menus/... special events.
It would have helped she.

By Sebien at Tue, 2005/05/10 - 5:00am

Unfortunately, the article fails to mention the pitfalls of installing fonts in your "$HOME/.fonts" directory (or any subdirectory of $HOME).

And the article fails to explain how to install them in "$KDEDIR/share/fonts".

By James Richard Tyrer at Thu, 2005/05/12 - 5:00am

Just installed BasKet and it seems very handy!

- Swaroop