The KDevelop team announces the availablility of KDevelop 3.0 Alpha 4a (yes, 4a). In the more than 3 months since the last release, many new features have been added, bugs have been squashed, and existing features have been refined and polished. Downloads are available via the KDE mirrors. Direct links to packages can be found at the KDevelop download page.
Since the third alpha release, the developers have been extremely busy. Some of the noted improvements are:
- New File Creation Interface, standardized across all of KDevelop
- New Search/Replace Part for multiple files, including regexps
- New Application Templates - kdehello, javahello, qtopia, fortran
- Make Output View verbosity configuration
- Added Fortran, Ruby, and tmake Project Support
- New Class Wizard added features (inc. Make Member support)
- Better documentation browsing, XML support
- Rewritten Classparser code -- faster and more compact
- DCOP interface for FilterParts and CppParts - can trigger events via DCOP
- Most non C++ (Perl, PHP, Java, etc.) project managers improved
- Vastly improved Integrated Doxygen Support
- Debugger integration improved
- Numerous bug fixes (debugger, IDEAl mode layouts, crashes)
And, the development doesn't stop here! Look soon for better persistent class store support, and smarter code completion -- already in CVS!
Your feedback is welcome.
The developers would love your feedback, from positive comments to concerns and wishlist items. Messages in this forum, to our mailing list or on irc.kde.org, channel #kdevelop, are all appreciated!