As announced on the KDE PIM site, we are featuring a preview of the upcoming KAddressBook 3.2 in the form of some annotated screenshots taken from the CVS version. KAddressBook 3.2 will be included in the KDE 3.2 release.
...I am missing essential features. I *do* admit, that all I saw from CVS version are these screenshots, but I feel, that this is all UI functionality but not featuring extensive database stuff. With that I mean: fields!
Here are my desires for an address-book:
- Integration with GPG/PGP (PGP-ID, etc.)
- It should be possible to get all personal emails by this user into a listview
- unlimited email addresses per person
- multiple IM and pager addresses
- same for homepage
- print business card plugin with different card layouts
- direct link to IM programs
- unlimited phone numbers which are to be labelled by the user (i.e. I have two mobile numbers, a stationary home number and a stationary fax number)
- bank-account details
- books/CDs/Videos lent (with catalog number, title and date)
- "contacted first"
plus there is so many more, one might like for a powerful address-manager. Check out the commercial programs. With KDE now coming to cooperate desktops this might be well important!
I wonder if it would be possible to add to KAddressbook some custom fields? In particular, I like ot keep soem other dates beside just Birthday and Anniversary.
Also, would it be possible to import to a specified category? perhaps thus having the record directed to a sub .vcf addressbook if such existed for that category?