Trolltech has released the second and final beta version of Qt 4. You can download it from ftp.trolltech.com or from one of its mirrors. The online Qt Reference Documentation has been updated. Qt 4 is currently scheduled for final release in late Q2, 2005, with an intermediate Release Candidate planned for May.
In addition to improvements to the five key technologies presented in
beta 1 - Arthur, Scribe, Interview, Tulip and Mainwindow - the second
beta version incorporates nearly all new features, tools and resources
that will appear in the Qt 4 final release. Features now available
in Qt 4 beta 2 include:
- Improvements to the Qt 3 to 4 porting tool and supporting documentation
- Feature additions to Qt Designer, including support for MDI and
SDI modes, and support for custom widgets
- A new painting subsystem which allows device-independent rendering of pixel-exact images
- An improved input method framework
- Addition of XP (available under Windows only) and Motif styles
Additional improvements have also been made to the Qt3Support
Library. Trolltech aims to maintain the Qt3Support Library for the
lifetime of the Qt 4 series, and will also support the Qt 3 series for
a minimum of two years beyond the release of Qt 4.