The KDE marketing group is pleased to announce the release of
SpreadKDE.org, the new home for KDE's promotional activities.
Such a hub for marketing activities has been sorely lacking in KDE
until now, and we consider this site a to be a key milestone in
establishing a solid foundation in growing KDE's promotional activity.
In the past, the KDE community has had no centralized location for
holding promotional materials or listing related tasks. However, with
the release of SpreadKDE.org, we hope to meet and exceed those
basic needs by:
- Providing a singular portal for KDE marketing materials
- Fostering a community for those interested in promoting KDE
- Aggregating marketing tasks and connecting those that need help with
those who can help
- Storing related materials and documentation
- Concentrating and steering future KDE marketing goals
- Assisting and linking regional KDE groups, from new to established
- Coordinating KDE-related events
Although quite basic in its initial form, we hope that we can quickly
build out the site through participation. Remember that this site
belongs to everyone, so please take ownership and:
- Visit the site, familiarize yourself with SpreadKDE.org, and create an account
- Provide feedback on the style and content
- Review current tasks and consider where you can help
- Think about what content should be held on our site
- Discuss how we can improve our new home
So whether you have technical skills, a marketing background, or are
just interested in lending a hand and learning more, we invite you to
join KDE's reinvigorated promotional community.
A special thanks to those who were instrumental in building the SpreadKDE.org site (Tom Chance, Martijn Klingens, and Sebastian Kügler) and to those at the OSU Open Source Lab for graciously hosting our new home.