The KOffice developers have released their seventh beta for KOffice 2.0. This release may be the last of the many betas. A decision on whether there will be another beta or if the next version will be the first Release Candidates will be made next week.
The list of changes is longer than ever. For this release we have concentrated on crashes, data loss bugs and ODF saving and loading. Take a look at the full announcement to find out more, or look at the changelog for the details.
Here are a few highlights of this release:
- Crashes fixed in all applications
- Fix loading and saving of shapes in the text shape (KWord)
- Fixed an important cell edit bug in KSpread
- Use the format of a master page when using a layout in KPresenter
- Many bugs fixed in the chart shape
- Also many bugs fixed in Krita
- Improved support for SVG in Karbon
Remember that now it is more important than ever to test it and report bugs. If no new severe bugs are found, the next version of KOffice 2.0 will be a release candidate.