In the latest KDE Commit-Digest:
- KWin developer Martin Gräßlin works hard on porting KWin’s graphical effects to OpenGL ES, with the effects receiving many visual improvements in the process
- KWin’s problematic "Shadow" and "Snow" effects are removed and await a better implementation in the future
- Muon supports offline installation of packages and gains a .deb format thumbnailer plugin
- Improvements are made to the artistic style formatter in KDevelop
- A "Color Label Selector" is implemented in Digikam, which also sees an update of its internal libraw library which provides improved support for more cameras
- Support for asynchronous SFTP downloading is implemented in kio_sftp
- BlueDevil can now share files with an OBEX FTP server
- Initial work on a user interface to control change tracking options in Calligra
- Cirkuit gains options for manual and automatic backend selection
- The functionality for creating a Table of Contents in Calligra Words is improved
- The game dialog of Knights is redesigned
- A large refactoring of the code for the KPatience game is done
- Bug fixes in Kst, the Kipi plugins, Digikam, power management, kdelibs, the Plasma Desktop, KDE-PIM, Calligra/KOffice, Amarok, Kopete, and KTorrent
- Plasma-addons, kdebase, kdelibs, the KDE Build Tool and KDE’s Qt copy (qt-kde) move to Git.
Read the rest of the Digest here.