The Kooka team is proud to announce the launch of the official Kooka website. Kooka is a scanner management suite for KDE with support for Optical Character Recognition (OCR). The Kooka web site offers extensive documentation on Kooka and the KScan library, future project plans, screenshots, and much more.
- Scanner support through the SANE library.
- Provides a user-friendly interface for important scanner options such as resolution, mode, threshold.
- Supports preview and full final scans.
- Supports interactive scan area selection.
- The save assistant helps you to find the correct image format for your purpose and creates a filename automatically.
- Images are stored in the default gallery -- no need to find a place to save for every test scan.
The Image Gallery
- A treeview-organised workplace where your images are stored.
- Create and remove folders to organise your image collections.
- Drag and drop with other KDE programs.
- Kooka supports GOCR, an open source Optical Character Recognition program.
KDE Scan Service
- The KScan Library provides a user-friendly scan interface for all other KDE applications.
- Currently supported by both KOffice and KView.
Bookmark/Search this post with