APR
2007

KDE-Forum Romania Launched

After the rise of KDE-Forum.org, and KDE-Forum.de, Romanians wanted a forum of their own, and KDE-Forum Romania was born. Destined to unite all Romanians under one roof, KDE-Forum Romania is going to join its brothers on the boat for the upcoming KDE 4 release.

Comments

Imi pare bine ca a aparut un forum pentru a discuta KDE in Romana. Stiti daca exista vreo companie care vinde calculatoare gata instalate cu Linux si KDE in Romania?

Translation: I'm glad there's now a forum to discuss KDE in Romanian. Do you know if there is a company that sells computers pre-installed with Linux and KDE in Romania?

By Vlad at Tue, 2007/04/17 - 5:00am

There are several companies that sell computers preinstalled with Linux in Romania but unfortunately mostly do so only to make them cheaper and have no Windows tax. It's unfortunate but people later delete Linux and pirate Windows. You can tell that the preinstalled Linux OS presents no interest by the fact that it only mentions it's Linux in the adds, not even what distro. I wonder if there's even a manual or something to get you started with Linux and KDE/Gnome.
Anyway this is a subject we should maybe discuss in the new Romanian KDE forum. See you there people.

By Marius Cirsta at Tue, 2007/04/17 - 5:00am

Cheaper and no windows tax is not that bad.

By Someone at Tue, 2007/04/17 - 5:00am

Well, but at least, the machines should work well with Linux? Otherwise customers could rightfully protest that they are not working properly.

So even if it is sort of a trick, it could make things move in the right direction.

And there may be someone that keeps Linux along, too.

I have heard that in Brasil, 20% of the state-subsided machines sold with Linux are actually kept as shipped.

So, Linux is gaining new users anyway, even if not as many as the linux-bundled pcs shipped.

By Luciano at Tue, 2007/04/17 - 5:00am

salu romania si tuturor celor care utiliz Linux
folosesc de ceva timp linux si cred ca la ora actuala gratie celor care posteaza pe net Linux este concurent puternic pe piata softwar!Folosesc dvd live Knoppix si sunt multunit (care are inclus KDE)Este stabil si intuitiv
sper sa se dezvolte o comunitate puternica in ro ptr ca suntem baieti destepti
,in adev sens al cuv
numai bine si traiasca LInux

added by ryks cta romania

By sal all at Tue, 2007/04/17 - 5:00am

De ce nu se numeste kde-forum.ro

By VisezTrance at Tue, 2007/04/17 - 5:00am

Cumpara tu domeniul moshule

By zvonsully at Tue, 2007/04/17 - 5:00am

cred ca problema mai mare este hostingul. dupa un timp site-ul va deveni probabil destul de folosit si destul de greu de intretinut. domeniul poate fi cumparat destul de ieftin, mai ales daca este disponibil.

By hvm at Tue, 2007/04/17 - 5:00am

Il compar eu si, probabil daca lucrurile merg bine, ii gasesc si hosting.

By BogDan at Tue, 2007/04/17 - 5:00am

wow, it looks more like latin than italian itself, it's wonderful :) (I'm italian, and I did know that romanian is a latin language, but never thought it could be like *this* :)

By Vide at Wed, 2007/04/18 - 5:00am

I was very pleased reading your opinion about romanian language!
I am very fond about my latins ancestors, it is a historical fact, and I became furious when some stupid people call ALL romanians "gypsies"!!!!
History and politics are two bitches, see Yalta Agreement :(
You are open minded and intelligent!
Yours respectfully,
Caius
P.S. yes, and the names in my family, the REAL ones, are from latin, my father is Virgiliu, my mother Aurelia, my wife Diana and my daugther Iulia!

By Caius at Wed, 2007/04/18 - 5:00am

Nu va faceti griji. O sa iau masurile sa cumpar KDE-Forum.ro. Momentan n-am finantele disponibile, insa cu cresterea comunitatii acest lucru o sa devina realitate.

By Catalin Zamfir ... at Tue, 2007/04/17 - 5:00am

How much would be the kde-forum.ro domain name?

By Andras Mantia at Tue, 2007/04/17 - 5:00am

a .ro domain is under 50 usd. But take note, this is a permanent domain; no yearly payment.

By VisezTrance at Tue, 2007/04/17 - 5:00am

Then I see no problem buying this domain if needed. I can also help with some money if needed (and the forum gathers a community around it).

By Andras Mantia at Tue, 2007/04/17 - 5:00am

It's nice that you guys got a Romanian site where you can speak Romanian, but this is an international site, it wouldn't make sense for me speak Danish here either.

Tak for kaffe.

//Pascal

By pascal at Tue, 2007/04/17 - 5:00am

I note the announcement is for a 'Romania' forum, not 'Romanian'. From now on are we going to have separate forums for each country, instead of one per language?

By John Karp at Tue, 2007/04/17 - 5:00am

Probably some combination thereof. For example, there exists a KDE Chile, but that doesn't mean it's useless to other Spanish speakers...

By Troy Unrau at Tue, 2007/04/17 - 5:00am

I tried to mount partition c,and i did it. But when i did it for partition d, i followed the same steps,one thing i forgot: to edit file /etc/fstab .
And so now when i start computer and boot opensuse, it stocked and so i have to restart and boot windows. Can you help me? what should i do?

By Ligia at Mon, 2007/10/22 - 5:00am