After a good year of public existence, KPovModeler 0.2 is released.
KPovModeler is a full-featured graphical modeler and composer for creating POV-Ray(TM) scenes under KDE 3. It now supports almost the full gamut of POV-Ray 3.1 functionality -- see these nice screenshots. KPovModeler is a new member of the KDE Graphics package, but we are still looking for a documentation writer to join the project.
Current features are:
- Hierarchical object tree
- Non-blocking scene rendering with OpenGL
- Object modification with control points in a graphical view
or direct manipulation of object attributes in a dialog
- Free configurable view layout with dock widgets
- Prototypes (declarations) and references
- Copy/paste and drag/drop of (a subset of) povray(!) code into
and out of the object tree
- Undo and redo
- Scene rendering and texture preview with povray inside the program
- Support for almost all povray objects
- Support for all textures
- All projection modes of the camera
What is still missing is user documentation. We lack the
time to write it ourselves, so we would like someone to take
over this task. If you are interested send
me a mail. Basic POV-Ray knowledge would be an asset.
To see KPovModeler in action see our nice screenshots.
The new version can be downloaded here.