chapters have been released on the trylinuxSD.com website titled "KDE Tips & Tricks in Mandrake 9.0" which offer some KDE3 tips that may not be so obvious to new users. Although the pages are geared toward Mandrake Linux 9.0, much of the content should also apply to anyone using KDE. Please note: The site makes extensive use of screenshots, so dialup users be warned.
- Using 'Split View'; Displaying/Sorting files & folders
- View Profiles; Konqueror Shortcuts
- Konqueror for the Web & FTP; Bookmarks
- Fixing default fonts in 9.0; Speeding up KDE
- KDE Shortcuts; Improving the desktop with anti-aliased fonts
- Installing TrueType and Postscript fonts with DrakFont and KDE's Font Installer
- Improving the appearance of KDE with desktop wallpaper, transparent menu, styles, themes & icons
- Menu Shortcuts; Applets
- KDEaddons; 'Sharing' Applet
- 'Edutainment' Package; Killing Troublesome Apps
- Using the Konsole; the Power of 'root'
- Introduction to KDE System Administration Utilities; Save Session
What are some of your favorite KDE tips & tricks?
Bookmark/Search this post with