This Saturday, 28 October 2006, a bug triage day will be held. This time we are going to clean up the bugs from Bugzilla for the KDE PIM module, after a successful session for Konqueror several weeks ago. We will meet on the IRC channel #kde-bugs on Freenode to coordinate the whole effort.
At the time of writing the two largest PIM applications, KMail and KOrganizer, have about 3400 open bugs and wishes in Buzilla. For developers it is almost impossible to get an overview. That is why a bug triage day is being organised in order to reduce the amount of bugs in the Bugzilla system. On this particular day, you can help us with one or more of these tasks:
- Confirming bugs. Bugs with the UNCONFIRMED status should get the NEW status once someone else is able to reproduce the bug reliably.
- Finding bug duplicates. Many bugs entered into Bugzilla are duplicated of other bugs. Sometimes it's hard to recognise these duplicates by a single person.
- Close bugs which insufficient information and which are open for quite a long time (i.e. reporter does not respond on a need-more-info request).
- Categorise bugs into the right components. Many bug reports for Kontact really belong to KMail and KOrganizer, for example.
- Finally, fix bugs when they seem to be trivial, but that is certainly not the focus of that day.
More information on the bug days can be found on our Bugsquad page.
You are welcome to help us by joining the #kde-bugs channel on Freenode. Hope to see you there this Saturday.