OpenOffice.org 1.1.3 with KDE integration is now available for download. It also features a lot of other improvements over the stock OOo (including the GNOME integration bits; but do not be afraid, it does not link against Gtk+ in KDE, and vice versa), because it is built from the ooo-build codebase.
Download: Installation set for Linux i386 (~80MB).
- The current stable version of OpenOffice.org with many ooo-build patches and improvements
- KDE Native Widget Framework
- KDE (Crystal) icons
- KDE file dialog (Open, Save As)
- KDE splash screen by Dariusz Arciszewski
- Gtk+ NWF and file dialog when executed in Gnome
- You need libstartup-notification installed, otherwise it fails to run with "no suitable windowing system found, exiting."
- The KDE file dialog seems to hang OOo on Fedora Core 3 when it has Preview on (F11 in the dialog), but most probably it is a Fedora bug (treats unrecognized file types as sound).
- The new systems that build their packages from ooo-build (e.g. SUSE 9.2) do not need this package; check whether you have the KDE file dialog in your OOo before installing.
The project's homepage http://kde.openoffice.org is a bit outdated at the moment, but the work still continues. The main concern is OOo 2.0 now, see the ooo-build ChangeLog.
Help of an artist is needed for OOo 2.0: It contains a lot of new icons, the default ones are not acceptable for modern KDE desktop. Please drop me a mail if you are able (and willing) to draw some of them. :-)